The Project of cooperation between Central European countries in Paralympic Sports up to 2022
On the occasion of 2017 Para Table Tennis World Team Championship which took place in Bratislava in May 2017 NPC SVK hosted the meeting of regional NPC presidents in Slovakia. All participated presidents expressed and agreed on deep cooperation of countries for next years. They also confirmed the formation of „CEE Working Group” which will be responsible for the coordination of the activities. The presidents proclaimed to start work on the Project as soon as possible and that´s why we submitted the proposal of activities. The Project includes aims & plans for next 5 years as follows:
The Aims of the Project:
1. To develope paralympic sports in the region of Central, Eastern & Balkans countries.
2. Exchange the experience in the field of sports - mainly participation in youth sport events and camps, organizing educational events.
3. To increase medal results of our athletes in the most important sport events like Paralympic Games and World Championships.
Croatia, Hungary, Montenegro,
Poland, Romania, Slovenia,
Serbia and Slovakia
The Basis – starting points - ground:
- Neighboring countries
- Excellent results of our countries in Rio PG /see table 1/
- Different level of development of paralympic sports in the region
- The unique conditions of different sports
- The difference among national structure of young athlete´s preparation
Table 1: Top 20 countries in medal standing in Rio PG:
The Forms of activities:
- Exchange yearly information about a national and international events calendar. Mutual sharing of information concerning the organization of sport events in different countries provides more opportunity for young athletes to compete on higher level and also for the coaches to plan better the preparation in their sport year. The members of CEE working group will complete and provide information for all nations.
- Youth sport camps. We consider the camps as high priority in the project, due to upcoming Paralympic winter and summer edition of games and our effort to develop Paralympic sports in our region. Every country will select their favourite and most successful 1-2 kind of sports and provide with the coaches with the best experience for training of young adepts from different countries. Every year the camp will be organize in additional country. The camp will fulfill not only with sport programme, but also the discussion of coaches on different topics and meetings with the best athletes from hosted country as well as presentation of country, traditions and culture including the visit of interesting places. We propose to organize the first camp in boccia and shooting in Slovakia and in swimming camp in Poland the next year.
Table 2: Medal standings of CEE countries in sports in Rio PG 2016
6 Team sports
- Competitions – National Championship with the international participations. The Invitation from the organizer will be sent to all CEE members countries and come into effect from 2018 year. Travel costs are covered by the nominated country. The Project in 2018 – 2020 suppose to collaborate in selected kind of sports /etc. archery, athletics, boccia, canoeing, cycling, shooting, swimming +…/ on the basis of reciprocity and included training camp. Philosophy is: “How many people you invite the same number you can delegate within one year”. CEE working group is responsible for following the rules.
- Education – working sessions, seminars, conferences. We propose to organize one educational session in one of CEE countries in two-year period. The evaluation of project cooperation as well as the development in paralympic movements in region would be the topics of NPC presidents meeting.
Plan of activities in 2018 -2022:
2018 International youth camp in summer sports in Slovakia /basic information on link: http://spv.sk/zapojme-sa/youth-camp /
International sport camp in swimming in Poland
2019-2022 NPC´s proposals of activities /TBC/
2019 a 2021 Meeting of presidents CEE NPCs